May 30, 2021

In my garden | cow grass

We had this cow grass planted in 2014.

We got a contractor to do it for us for about RM2k at that time.

Now we have more plants in our backyard, we have more pineapples, ubi kayu, limau kasturi and the guava trees are still there. Actually, we planted a new limau kasturi tree at the same spot.  The previous tree was getting old and big, I got it removed and planted a smaller and cuter one 😁 This is our 3rd pokok limau so far. 1st one was planted in 2007.

Ok, back to the cow grass story.

I haven’t really put much attention to the grass, normally we just let the grass cutter uncle do his work. But since the 2nd CMO just started and I have taken a more than 1-week Gawai leave. Can’t even go back to visit my parents, might as well look for something to do to sweat out a bit in the evening.

So today I started plucking these unwanted weeds manually. I got a small stool and a portable sony speaker with me, The Beatles were playing on repeat.  Ahh, such a relaxing activity on a lovely evening.

Before..

3 baskets of these unwanted weeds..

This is how the unwanted grass looks like.  Ada ubi dekat akar nya, which makes it hard to pull out, good exercise.

After..

Nampak beza tak?

3 comments:

Twilight Man said...

I didn't know they are called cow grass! My parents planted the similar grass which they called Australian Grass and later upgraded to Taiwan Grass which was super soft.

Good exercise. Now our coming lockdown will drive me nuts too. I will try tend to my plants too and play Rick Astley & Alan Tam's (repeat)

Ezvina said...

Hi Twilight Man, actually I prefer the pearl grass, short and fat type, but not easy to take care of those, we tried plant them at the frontyard but cannot last long, all gone now. Cow grass a more sensible choice for lazy ppl like me. Hehe.

Cyril Dason said...

My biggest regret when I js had my house was planting thse so called 'carpet grass'. They spoil the ground and cause gardening to be almost impossible. Cow grass is much better, so you did well here. Rajin you jaga the rumput.. I js cut em all down with my grass cutter hahaha