January 29, 2023

Air Supply Live in Genting


I have been a fan of Air Supply since I was young, all thanks to my sister who introduced me to their music through a cassette album. I remember being captivated by their hit song "Making Love Out of Nothing At All." However, as I listened to more of their songs, "Two Less Lonely People" became my all-time favorite. The lyrics and melody of this song always bring tears to my eyes and I can't help but feel emotional whenever I hear it.

Finally, last December, I got the chance to see Air Supply live in the Arena of Stars, Genting. The news of the concert came to me through a friend who heard it on Lite FM in October 2022. I didn't waste any time and bought the tickets on the same day. I opted for the 2nd tier seats, as I prefer to sit at a higher level than the stage.

The "Air Supply 47 years lost in love" concert was a full house, luckily I got my tickets early.  On the day, the concert started at 6am sharp, and Malaysian being Malaysian, late comers, some of them walked in at 6:30pm, what a waste.  The show started at 5.58am, 6pm sharp Russell & Russell sang their 1st song.

This was my first-ever concert, not counting the Rainforest World Music Festival, and I really enjoyed myself. I sang my heart out to most of their songs, except for one, their new song.

I am so glad that I got the chance to see their concert and I even had to plead with my CEO for a one-day leave.

Now, I am eagerly waiting for my next concert experience and I am hoping to see Sheila On 7 soon.

My spending:
Concert tix: RM390 each
Skyway tix: RM80 for 4 pax for 2-way
Car rental: RM500+ for 3 days
Hotels: RM800+ for 2 nights
Flights tix: RM1k+ per person for 2-way

2 comments:

Coffee Girl said...

Wahhh lamak aku sik komen sitok eh. :-)

Ezvina said...

And lamak ko dah sik update blog ko ya eh :)

Aku saja jak keeping my blog alive, senang ku refer balik. Ne tauk dah babo kelak, ada juak benda dpt ku baca balit :)