After years of reading on my phone, I decided to go back to reading real, physical books.
I missed the feeling of holding a paper book, turning the pages, and smelling the paper.
But there’s a problem with picking up this hobby when you are in your late 40s.
1st, I need to wrap the book cover nicely; was it just me? Then, I need to get my glasses, I cannot just zoom in to increase the font.
I need sufficient light too. It cannot be too bright, not too dim, not from the front (migrain aku nanti), and not right at your back where I can see my own shadow covering the page. Finding that angle is crucial for smooth reading.
Sitting down (while half laying) for too long is not conducive to my back. After a few pages, my back starts protesting, and the book itself is surprisingly heavy to hold up after some time. Is the book heavier than my phone?
No wonder people switch to online reading. Still, despite the extra prep work, there is nothing quite like disconnecting from screens and turning a real page.

No comments:
Post a Comment