July 17, 2019

Blood test

I have not done my medical checkup since the last time I changed my job.

Been having dizziness, on and off, for the past few weeks.  My guess was my cholesterol level might be high.  Friends and colleagues advise me to go for blood test just to make sure.

Finally I took the test on Monday, and gotten my result this afternoon.  To my surprise, I am suffering from Iron Deficiency.  That was totally unexpected.  The only time I heard of this Iron supplement was during my pregnancies.

Am still learning about this Iron/hemoglobin/anemia thingy.  For now I will take Iron supplement as doctor’s advise.  Slowly I hope I can control it naturally by adjusting my diet.


Apparently, my ice addiction has a scientific link to Iron deficiency. Interesting!

If you know anything about Iron deficiency, do share it with me, ya.

*updates:
After some reading, I think my main cause is having too much tea while having meals, sometimes I can have 2 ice tea in 1 meal. Tea inhibits iron absorption, best to wait at least an hour after a meal before drinking tea.

2 comments:

Rose world said...

I wonder mine is the same case as yours but my dizziness is very rare. Not at the time. And it persist for about a week.

I have not gone to bpood test for quite a long time. My man advised me to go. One of these days.

Ezvina said...

Hi Rose, I hate needles, but it had to be done for our own peace of mind.