September 19, 2019

Bangkok Trip 2019

We did not plan much for this trip.
Most important, we wanted to enjoy eat, shop, sleep, and repeat.

My initial plan was to shop for these items:

  • sunglasses
  • Leather bag
  • Outdoor quick dry cloth
  • Coin purse as souvenirs
  • Cosmetics, especially beauty blender.
  • And lots of new clothes


My must eat list, boat noodles, wanton mee, sticky rive mango.  Had it all!

After window shopping on the 1st day, I find that the international brands clothes are not that cheap, after conversions I think I can get a cheaper price in Malaysia.  Blame it on the weak Malaysia Ringgit.  When we were in Bangkok in 2006, the exchange rate was about 100baht equal to RM10, but now 100baht equal to RM14. So much different.

Despite the poor conversion rate, I managed to grab the items below.  I felt like I didn’t shop enough, regretting not buying more clothes, but then again, when I list it down, it looks like quite a long list.

sunglasses - 1
Leather beg - 1
Leather purse - 1
Coin purse and keychains for souvenirs
Skin care - beauty blender, eyebrow pencil, aloe vera gel
Shorts - 1
Top - 1
Dress - 1
Leather sandal -1
Leather belt - 2
Walking shoe - 1
Leather watch strap - 1
Leather cards holder - 1
Hair clip - 1
Cashmere shawl - 1

Most of my shopping was done in Tokyu Department Store, MBK.  I was quite disappointed to find that there’s none Japanese brand handbag in that store. Maybe it was hidden from my eyes 😂
My catch.  Mostly from Tokyu.

Thai brand bags.

Hair clips. Many of hair clips in Tokyu and iSetan are made in Japan.

Sunglasses.

iSetan, Central World.

Our major expenses:

Flights - RM870 per person
Accommodation - RM700 per night
Taxi Airport - hotel - 800baht
Taxi hotel to airport - 500baht

2 comments:

Rose world said...

Light and eat. Yup. All I want to do in Bangkok is relax, eat and shop. Haha. And massage too!!

ezvina said...

Hi Rose, this is I didn't go for massage, not enough time :D