January 6, 2021

Himawari Ramen Bar, Kuching

I finally went to try this halal Japanese Ramen restaurant in Padungan area, Kuching.   We have heard so much good reviews on this always packed restaurant.  We went there a few times at around 10-11am before but there's always a long queue outside the shop, so we had to change our plan and went to other places.

Finally, last December, we went to try our luck again.  We make sure we arrived early.  Reach there at 9:15am, there's already queue outside, but not too long, waited for about 10 minutes and it was our turn to get into the restaurant.



Service was fast, as not many seats available in the restaurant.  We ordered Gyuniku Shoyu Ramen (Beef Ramen), steam rice water cake and a refreshing lemon drinks.

The steam rice cake was ok, the drinks were really good.



So here's the long wanted Beef Ramen, the broth are dark brown in color and the noodle looks a bit too thick.

Honestly, I am a bit disappointed with the ramen  It tastes more like a beef stew with noodle added to it. The broth is too thick to my liking with lots of herbs and spices taste.  No, I don't mean that it is spicy.  I would prefer a clear soup base with lots of flavor from the bones, not from the meat.  If you know what I mean?

Well, maybe my expectation is a bit different from the rest.  I have tried many various types of Japanese ramen, locally, in Singapore, and in Japan.  I have never tasted anything similar to this.  But then of coz, I have not tried all the different variants, maybe this is authentic to certain places or groups in Japan.  If anyone knows, do let me know.

I am not saying that it is bad, I am sure many people love it, as you can see from the long queue daily.  I am just saying that this is not my cup of tea.

Price:

Steamed rice water cakes RM1.10 each

Gyuniku Shoyu Ramen - Superior Beef Broth, slow Braised Australian Beef, Vegetable of the Day (long beans). Mayu. RM16.90

Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Lime Mohito RM4.90


Not sure why it has different not on google maps: 

Makino Kochi Ramen Bar

2 comments:

Twilight Man said...

Wow!! The queue is so unbelievable because everyone knows the food is sedap. I never see such a long queue for Japanese Restaurants in KL.

Ezvina said...

Hi Twilight Man: I cannot say that this is the best ramen in town, but it really but to individual pereference la.