From the short trip, here my view of HK..
- A city by the ocean just like Singapore but is huge compare to Singapore.
- Road condition are good unless if you are in Kowloon or Mongkok area.
- Drivers are polite, no nonsense cutting or honking.
- MRT is very convenience.
- Imigresen check is fast even with a supper long queue.
- Airport Terminal one is huge but easy to navigate around.
- If you can speak Mandarin and watch lots of Cantonese drama/movie, like I do; then there should be no problem in daily communication, most of the shops' keeper know Mandarin (maybe they are from the mainland).
- Food are expensive but big portion; goods are at reasonable price. Normal price for a plate of bbq meat with rice is hkd35.
- Weather in March is unpredictable, during my stay it was between 15-20; but when the cold wind blows it can be as cool as 10. I love it, but hardly see any blue skies.
See my blog posts on Hong Kong:
One day I'll return, maybe bring my children to HK Disneyland, fingers crossed.